On November 10, Riverview IB celebrated our annual IB Pinning Ceremony…
184 students were officially inducted into the International Baccalaureate Program, 157 into Year 1 of the diploma program and 27 into Year 1 of the career-related program.
Congratulations on their commitment and goals!
To meet the students, click this link
Our special thanks to guest speaker Ms. Brittany Gonzalez, Class of 2004.
Thanks to Mr. Vagn and the Riverview High School Jazz Band for providing the evening’s music entertainment.
RIVERVIEW IB INFORMATION NIGHTS ANNOUNCED
January 12, 2016 & February 22, 2016 at 6 p.m.
Please join us on one of two evenings to learn more about
- Riverview IB Diploma Program
- Riverview IB Career-related Program
- Admissions details; Tours of campus; Talk to parents; Talk to students; Talk to teachers; Learn why an IB education is positively the best preparation for university….and for lifelong learning.
(Admissions applications available here at this website after Jan. 1, 2016.)
(Questions, e mail James.Minor@sarasotacountyschools.net, Director of Admissions)
Oktoberfest Teacher Appreciation Luncheon
Lisa would like us to add a thank you to the committee with special thanks to Renae Lasday and Marcia Scott for organizing such a great event.
2015-2016 Junior Calendar
2015-2016 Senior Calendar
9th Grade Breakfast
Our thanks to: Costco, Publix-Sarasota Pavilion, Panera Bread-Hwy 41, Panera Bread-Sarasota Pavilion and Bahia Vista, Detwilers Farm Market, and Albtritton for providing the pastries and drinks.
RIVERVIEW IB SENIORS named National Merit Semifinalists Khaya Klanot and Paige Levanti are National Merit Semi-finalists…..
COLLEGE REPRESENTATIVE VISITS
|When:||Now through November – Visits are during school hours|
|Where:||IBPO Parents meet the College Representative in the RHS Main Office|
|Allotted Time:||Each greeting takes approximately 30 minutes
Our responsibility is to welcome the rep to Riverview IB,
grace them with a pre-made “goodie bag”, and show them
to the meeting room. Greeters are welcome to stay for the
Whether you do one visit or several, your help is needed and appreciated…many hands make for light work! If you would like to assist with these visits please click here to sign up for a spot.
FL. Polytechnic University (Lakeland), Career Center. Time: 8:15 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
FL, Atlantic University (FAU), Career Center, Time: 9:45 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Cleveland Institute of Art, Cleveland, OH. Time: 10:45 a.m. – 12:00 noon
Liberty University, Lynchburg, VA, Career Center. Time: 7:45 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
Suncoast Technical College, Career Center, 11:15 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Suncoast Technical College, Career Center. Time 11:15 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
FAMU, Table in Cafe. Time 9:45 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
RIVERVIEW IB Visual Arts teacher garners prestigious award:
The Florida Art Education Association awards committee has selected Dr. Jackie Henson-Dacey for the 2015 Secondary Art Educator of the Year.
2016 Theory of Knowledge Titles Announced
May 2015 IB Exam Results
Riverview authorized to offer IB Career Program
Riverview IB announces Class of 2015 university admissions
New ——— University Study Released!
New study on the university enrollment, retention and graduation rates of Diploma Programme (DP) students who graduated from public and private high schools in the United States in 2008:
Some of the key findings of the study include:
- 92% of IB Diploma Program students graduating from US high schools in 2008 enrolled in US postsecondary institutions between 2008 and 2014, while 78% of students enrolled immediately.
- The first year retention rate of IB Diploma Program students enrolled in four-year institutions was 98% (compared to 77% nationally).
- The average four-year graduation rate of all IB Diploma Program students was 79% (versus 39% nationally, see figure). Furthermore, IB students have notably higher six-year graduation rates (83%) than the 2009 national average of 56%.
You can find the research brief here: http://ibo.org/globalassets/publications/ib-research/dp/dp-student-enrollment-outcomes-us-brief-en.pdf
The full report is available here: http://ibo.org/globalassets/publications/ib-research/dp/dp-student-enrollment-outcomes-us-en.pdf
What is so special about IB programmes?
- IB programmes are recognized around the world and ensure an increased adaptability and mobility for IB students;
- The curriculum and pedagogy of IB programmes focus on international perspectives of learning and teaching, while insisting that students fully explore their home culture and language;
- IB World Schools must undergo an exhaustive authorization process, as well as regular reviews, in order to offer one or more of the programmes. This also includes a study of the school’s resources and commitment to the IB mission and philosophy;
- IB teachers regularly participate in a wide variety of professional development opportunities to constantly update their knowledge and share their expertise with colleagues around the world;
- Many students graduating from the Diploma Programme find that it enhances their opportunities at tertiary institutions. The IB works closely with universities around the world to gain recognition for IB programmes;
- The core components of IB programmes encourage students to participate in creative and service-oriented activities, while at the same time emphasizing the importance of reflection on a personal and academic level.
Like us on Facebook: RiverviewIB
Did you know?
- The average acceptance rate of DP students into university/college is 22 percentage points higher than the average acceptance rate of the total population.
- The average SAT score of IB Diploma Programme candidates is 1953, and the average for IB Certificate candidates is 1794. The national average SAT score is 1500.
- 65% of IB DP students plan to study abroad during university years, and 51% intend to pursue a career in another country.
What are current IB parents saying about Riverview’s International Bacclaureate Program? (click here)
The International Baccalaureate Organization aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable, and caring young people, who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect.
To this end, the IBO works with schools, governments, and international organizations to develop challenging programs of international education and rigorous assessment. To view our guidebook program of studies, click here.
Questions? Concerns? E-mail an IBPO Executive Boardmember:
Lisa Russo, Co-President email@example.com
Toni Schemmel, Co-President firstname.lastname@example.org
Margaret Mobley, Vice President email@example.com
Lynne Streitmatter, Treasurer firstname.lastname@example.org
Sarah McQueeney, Secretary, email@example.com