Riverview IB announces Class of 2015 university admissions
Congratulations Incoming Grade 9 PIB Students
Course Registration – Monday, April 20 at 6 p.m.
Math Placement Test Dates: (located in Riverview Cafeteria)
Monday, May 18, 6:00 to 7:30 p.m.
Thursday, May 21, 6:00 to 7:30 p.m..
Saturday, May 23, 9:00 to 10:30 a.m.
(Just bring pencil, no need for calculator…this is just a holistic ‘exam’…to see where you ‘are at’.)
Riverview IB Junior achieves national visual arts honor in the 2015 Scholastic Art and Writing Awards:
See Jordan Oye’s work (Queen of Mice) to the right >>
Jordan has been identified by panels of creative professionals as the most talented young artist in the nation. This year, 300,000 works of art and writing were submitted. Only the top 1% were recognized at the national level. Jordan has been invited to attend a ceremony at the world-famous Carnegie Hall of Thursday, June 11th.
New ——— University Study Released!
New study on the university enrollment, retention and graduation rates of Diploma Programme (DP) students who graduated from public and private high schools in the United States in 2008:
Some of the key findings of the study include:
- 92% of IB Diploma Program students graduating from US high schools in 2008 enrolled in US postsecondary institutions between 2008 and 2014, while 78% of students enrolled immediately.
- The first year retention rate of IB Diploma Program students enrolled in four-year institutions was 98% (compared to 77% nationally).
- The average four-year graduation rate of all IB Diploma Program students was 79% (versus 39% nationally, see figure). Furthermore, IB students have notably higher six-year graduation rates (83%) than the 2009 national average of 56%.
You can find the research brief here: http://ibo.org/globalassets/publications/ib-research/dp/dp-student-enrollment-outcomes-us-brief-en.pdf
The full report is available here: http://ibo.org/globalassets/publications/ib-research/dp/dp-student-enrollment-outcomes-us-en.pdf
Riverview IB 2015-2016 Application
Click here to download
2015 IB Information Nights Announced
- Wed., March 18, 2015 at 6 p.m.
Where: Riverview Performing Arts Center (RPAC)
- Interested 8th, 9th and 10th graders can learn about the most prestigious high school program available.
- Meet some students; meet some parents; meet some teachers.
- Take a tour of Riverview’s remarkable campus.
- Learn about the many options and successes that a Riverview IB education can provide.
RIVERVIEW IB OFFICIALLY INDUCTS 142 STUDENTS
INTO DIPLOMA PROGRAM…
On Tuesday, Oct. 28, 142 students were officially named IB Anticipated Diploma Candidates, as Year 1 IB studies now begin in earnest. For a profile of the students….see link
2015 Theory of Knowledge Titles Announced:
IB seniors are now preparing their 1600 word response essays to the recently announced titles. A requirement of the diploma program, seniors choose one of the titles below, and after consultation with IB staff and discussions with classmates craft the essay.
The titles are:
Title #1 = There is no such thing as a neutral question. Evaluate this statement with reference to two areas of knowledge.
Title #2 = “There are only two ways in which humankind can produce knowledge: through passive observation or through active experiment,” To what extent do you agree with this statement?
Title #3 = “There is no reason why we cannot link facts and theories across disciplines and create a common ground of explanation.” To what extent do you agree with this statement?
Title #4 = With reference to two areas of knowledge, discuss the way in which shared knowledge can shape personal knowledge
Title #5 = “Ways of knowing are a check on our instinctive judgment.” To what extent do you agree with this statement?
Title #6 = “The whole point of knowledge is to produce both meaning and purpose in our personal lives.” To what extent do you agree with this statement?
9th Grade Breakfast with the Principal 2014
What is so special about IB programmes?
- IB programmes are recognized around the world and ensure an increased adaptability and mobility for IB students;
- The curriculum and pedagogy of IB programmes focus on international perspectives of learning and teaching, while insisting that students fully explore their home culture and language;
- IB World Schools must undergo an exhaustive authorization process, as well as regular reviews, in order to offer one or more of the programmes. This also includes a study of the school’s resources and commitment to the IB mission and philosophy;
- IB teachers regularly participate in a wide variety of professional development opportunities to constantly update their knowledge and share their expertise with colleagues around the world;
- Many students graduating from the Diploma Programme find that it enhances their opportunities at tertiary institutions. The IB works closely with universities around the world to gain recognition for IB programmes;
- The core components of IB programmes encourage students to participate in creative and service-oriented activities, while at the same time emphasizing the importance of reflection on a personal and academic level.
Like us on Facebook: RiverviewIB
Did you know?
- The average acceptance rate of DP students into university/college is 22 percentage points higher than the average acceptance rate of the total population.
- The average SAT score of IB Diploma Programme candidates is 1953, and the average for IB Certificate candidates is 1794. The national average SAT score is 1500.
- 65% of IB DP students plan to study abroad during university years, and 51% intend to pursue a career in another country.
What are current IB parents saying about Riverview’s International Bacclaureate Program? (click here)
The International Baccalaureate Organization aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable, and caring young people, who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect.
To this end, the IBO works with schools, governments, and international organizations to develop challenging programs of international education and rigorous assessment. To view our guidebook program of studies, click here.
IB Recognition Ceremony Photos (2014)
Questions? Concerns? E-mail an IBPO Executive Boardmember:
Karry DiTomaso, President email@example.com
Margaret Mobley, Vice President firstname.lastname@example.org
Lynne Streitmatter, Treasurer email@example.com
Robin Jensen, Secretary firstname.lastname@example.org
Sarah McQueeney, Member-at-Large, email@example.com