9th Grade Breakfast with the Principal 2014
College Representative Visits
Sept. 24 College of Charleston
Queens University of Charlotte
Sept. 26 Salem College
FL Polytechnic University
USF – Tampa
Sept. 30 University of Alabama
George Washington University
Oct. 1 Northeastern University
Oct. 2 Florida Southern College
Oct. 3 University of Florida
Get Carrabbas tickets now from your IB seniors!
$12.00/ticket for delicious meal and drink. Carry out available.
All proceeds go towards the 2015 Senior Banquet
What is so special about IB programmes?
- IB programmes are recognized around the world and ensure an increased adaptability and mobility for IB students;
- The curriculum and pedagogy of IB programmes focus on international perspectives of learning and teaching, while insisting that students fully explore their home culture and language;
- IB World Schools must undergo an exhaustive authorization process, as well as regular reviews, in order to offer one or more of the programmes. This also includes a study of the school’s resources and commitment to the IB mission and philosophy;
- IB teachers regularly participate in a wide variety of professional development opportunities to constantly update their knowledge and share their expertise with colleagues around the world;
- Many students graduating from the Diploma Programme find that it enhances their opportunities at tertiary institutions. The IB works closely with universities around the world to gain recognition for IB programmes;
- The core components of IB programmes encourage students to participate in creative and service-oriented activities, while at the same time emphasizing the importance of reflection on a personal and academic level.
Like us on Facebook: RiverviewIB
Did you know?
- The average acceptance rate of DP students into university/college is 22 percentage points higher than the average acceptance rate of the total population.
- The average SAT score of IB Diploma Programme candidates is 1953, and the average for IB Certificate candidates is 1794. The national average SAT score is 1500.
- 65% of IB DP students plan to study abroad during university years, and 51% intend to pursue a career in another country.
What are current IB parents saying about Riverview’s International Bacclaureate Program? (click here)
The International Baccalaureate Organization aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable, and caring young people, who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect.
To this end, the IBO works with schools, governments, and international organizations to develop challenging programs of international education and rigorous assessment. To view our guidebook program of studies, click here.
IB Recognition Ceremony Photos (2014)
Questions? Concerns? E-mail an IBPO Executive Boardmember:
Karry DiTomaso, President firstname.lastname@example.org
Margaret Mobley, Vice President email@example.com
Lynne Streitmatter, Treasurer firstname.lastname@example.org
Robin Jensen, Secretary email@example.com
Sarah McQueeney, Member-at-Large, firstname.lastname@example.org