RIVERVIEW IB Visual Arts teacher garners prestigious award:
The Florida Art Education Association awards committee has selected Dr. Jackie Henson-Dacey for the 2015 Secondary Art Educator of the Year.
May 2015 IB Exam Results
2015-16 STUDENT ORIENTATIONS & SCHEDULE PICK-UP
(Parents most definitely welcome to attend.)
August 11 – 9 a.m. (sharp) to 11 a.m. IB Grade 12
August 11 – 12 p.m. (sharp) to 2 p.m. IB Grade 11
August 12 – 12 p.m.(sharp) to 2 p.m. PIB Grade 10
August 12 – 6 p.m. (sharp) to 8 p.m. PIB Grade 9
Lockers $5 includes taxes (IB students are asked to share; thus $2.50 each)
Consumables’ Donations – TBA
Parking $32.10 ($30 parking fee + $2.10 sales tax) SENIORS only and out of district juniors
*August 21, 2015 (9am-11am – Orientation Make Up Date to the Orientation schedule.)
Don’t forget to bring signed Honor Code in order to pick up schedule.
(IB seniors need to submit extended essays…2 copies, 1 disk)
Open House is Wednesday, September 9, 2015 (5:30 – 8:00pm)
Click here to download information
Riverview authorized to offer IB Career Program
Grade 12 IB DP (Click here to download)
Grade 11 IB DP (Click here to download)
Grade 10 PIB (Click here to download)
Grade 9 PIB (Click here to download)
Profile of Incoming Class
Click Here to Download
Riverview IB announces Class of 2015 university admissions
New ——— University Study Released!
New study on the university enrollment, retention and graduation rates of Diploma Programme (DP) students who graduated from public and private high schools in the United States in 2008:
Some of the key findings of the study include:
- 92% of IB Diploma Program students graduating from US high schools in 2008 enrolled in US postsecondary institutions between 2008 and 2014, while 78% of students enrolled immediately.
- The first year retention rate of IB Diploma Program students enrolled in four-year institutions was 98% (compared to 77% nationally).
- The average four-year graduation rate of all IB Diploma Program students was 79% (versus 39% nationally, see figure). Furthermore, IB students have notably higher six-year graduation rates (83%) than the 2009 national average of 56%.
You can find the research brief here: http://ibo.org/globalassets/publications/ib-research/dp/dp-student-enrollment-outcomes-us-brief-en.pdf
The full report is available here: http://ibo.org/globalassets/publications/ib-research/dp/dp-student-enrollment-outcomes-us-en.pdf
Riverview IB 2015-2016 Application
Click here to download
Riverview IB 2015-2016 Application
(Applications still open for diploma program and career program for those new to Sarasota County.)
(Applications for career program open until June 15 for all students.)
What is so special about IB programmes?
- IB programmes are recognized around the world and ensure an increased adaptability and mobility for IB students;
- The curriculum and pedagogy of IB programmes focus on international perspectives of learning and teaching, while insisting that students fully explore their home culture and language;
- IB World Schools must undergo an exhaustive authorization process, as well as regular reviews, in order to offer one or more of the programmes. This also includes a study of the school’s resources and commitment to the IB mission and philosophy;
- IB teachers regularly participate in a wide variety of professional development opportunities to constantly update their knowledge and share their expertise with colleagues around the world;
- Many students graduating from the Diploma Programme find that it enhances their opportunities at tertiary institutions. The IB works closely with universities around the world to gain recognition for IB programmes;
- The core components of IB programmes encourage students to participate in creative and service-oriented activities, while at the same time emphasizing the importance of reflection on a personal and academic level.
Like us on Facebook: RiverviewIB
Did you know?
- The average acceptance rate of DP students into university/college is 22 percentage points higher than the average acceptance rate of the total population.
- The average SAT score of IB Diploma Programme candidates is 1953, and the average for IB Certificate candidates is 1794. The national average SAT score is 1500.
- 65% of IB DP students plan to study abroad during university years, and 51% intend to pursue a career in another country.
What are current IB parents saying about Riverview’s International Bacclaureate Program? (click here)
The International Baccalaureate Organization aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable, and caring young people, who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect.
To this end, the IBO works with schools, governments, and international organizations to develop challenging programs of international education and rigorous assessment. To view our guidebook program of studies, click here.
IB Recognition Ceremony Photos (2014)
Questions? Concerns? E-mail an IBPO Executive Boardmember:
Karry DiTomaso, President firstname.lastname@example.org
Margaret Mobley, Vice President email@example.com
Lynne Streitmatter, Treasurer firstname.lastname@example.org
Robin Jensen, Secretary email@example.com
Sarah McQueeney, Member-at-Large, firstname.lastname@example.org